Monday, December 19, 2011

Having a Plan For Now and Beyond


The key to any journey is knowing where you’d like to end up.  My journey ends with an iPad.  How I get there is a story yet to be told.  I have decided to map out how I would like to get to my destination, because I believe the key to success is organization and flexibility.

I figure I will need at least $650 to get a low level iPad with an extended warranty (I will, of course, aim for less than that, but I have to be realistic).  I’ll be giving this to a 3 year old (he’ll be 3 by the time he gets it), so I’m guessing the likelihood of something happening to it is fairly high (even though he is pretty good to his belongings, he IS a child and children have tantrums, so you have to be prepared, right?)

So how do I get $650?

Well, on SwagBucks you can get up to 5 gift cards of any one type and denomination per month (so (5)- $5 Amazon Gift Cards, (5)- $5 PayPal Gift Cards, (5)- $25 Amazon Gift Cards, (5)- $25 PayPal Gift Cards, etc)  The gift cards vary depending on availability, but best case scenario is that if I could max out those two vendors in all of the denominations offered every month, I would have $900 in Amazon gift cards and $900 in PayPal.  

 If I got enough SwagBucks, I could get an iPad in just one month (with a lot left over).  Somehow, I’m thinking that’s not going to happen unless a few thousand people sign up under my referral link since SwagBucks only matches up to 1000 SwagBucks earned (from searches only) every month from each referral.

Then I got to thinking, what if I do get enough referrals to get this iPad and I end up with a ton of leftover SwagBucks/gift cards?  I wouldn’t feel right just keeping all of that.  So I have decided that once I get the iPad for my son, I am going to take the rest of the SwagBucks earned from my referrals and use them to buy toys for needy kids for Christmas.  I love searching for deals, and I’m pretty good at it.  Not to mention that Black Friday is it’s very own holiday in my house.

I’d also like to do a giveaway for the people that sign up under my referral link.  Maybe a $25 Amazon gift card?  I’ll have to check into the legality of that, but I would definitely like to give back to those that help to make my son’s dream a reality.

So if you have not yet signed up for SwagBucks, please use my link below to get started. Every buck you earn through searches helps me get one step closer to an iPad for my son, and eventually gets toys into the hands of needy children.  I will start doing frequent updates once I start accumulating referral points.



SwagBucks Referral Link: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/HobbyCakesCloth

MyPoints Referral: Please contact me and I will send you an invite (kalbrecht80@gmail.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment